How Direct-to-Consumer Fine Jewelry Brands are Changing the Jewelry Market + The Top 5 Brands to Check Out
Fine jewelry doesn't have to be expensive (as opposed to what the name might suggest). Up-and-coming brands are lowering prices by removing steps from their supply chain and lowering markups. Social media has helped the rise of many of these brands, like Mejuri and AUrate, have substantial followings and continue selling the jewelry everyone's looking for at prices they can afford.
Pieces from these brands range from under $100 (I'm looking at you $29 Mejuri hoops) to over $1,000 for special pieces. Here's a closer look at the brands curating fine jewelry collections for you at industry-shocking prices.
Mejuri strives to make luxury accessible and focus on quality of items. They work with top jewelers and remove the middlemen from their supply chain to sell you fine jewelry for a fraction of the cost. They're also one of the more ethical jewelry brands on the market by only selling ethically-sourced diamonds.
- Mejuri sells earrings, bracelets, rings, necklaces, and engagement pieces.
- The metals offered are 14k gold, sterling silver, and gold vermeil; and the stones offered are diamonds, gemstones, and freshwater pearls.
- Prices range from $29 to over $500 for weddings bands and engagement rings.
- Mejuri doesn't typically offer discounts, but you can check out any available deals here.
AUrate sells iconic designs at honest pricing from ethical sourcing. Unlike traditional retailers, AUrate uses a transparent pricing model to show exactly how the item was priced. Think Everlane of jewelry. The pricing is a little higher than Mejuri, but the brand does offer cool perks like the Home Try-On. Like glasses giant Warby Parker, AUrate will send you 5 pieces you're interested in to try on at home. The brand also supports literacy efforts and has donated thousands of books with Mastery Charter across New York City.
- AUrate sells earrings, rings, necklaces, and bracelets.
- The brand only offers pieces in solid 18-karat and 14-karat gold. You can get each piece in yellow gold, white gold, and rose gold. Pieces can also have ethical diamonds and rare pearls.
- Prices range from $25 to $2,800.
- AUrate usually has one or two promotions and you can check out any available deals here.
Vrai and Oro
Vrai and Oro is here to push boundaries in the jewelry space. They stand behind quality, simplicity, and transparency and will not make pieces with anything other than solid gold and high-quality diamonds. The products are made ethically in-house in Los Angeles and is designed with simplicity in mind to let you shine. If you're looking to get married, Vrai and Oro do custom engagement rings and wedding bands to make the jewelry as unique as you. For all of their pieces, they also offer an at-home try-on to test out the look before you commit.
- Vrai and Oro sells earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, and engagement rings.
- Vrai and Oro only sells solid gold and high-quality diamonds. You can get each piece in yellow gold, white gold, and rose gold.
- Prices range from $45 to $5,890.
- Vrai and Oro doesn't typically offer any promotions, but you can check here to see if they're currently offering any.
Kinn Studio intends to redefine luxury and vintage pieces for the modern wearer. To them, luxury does not have to do with cost, but instead, with comfort and pleasure. Combining luxurious designs with durable materials and transparent pricing makes Kinn a standout in today's jewelry market. Unlike the other retailers, Kinn combines modern and vintage designs to fit everyone's style.
- Kinn Studio sells rings, necklaces, and earrings.
- Kinn Studio only sells solid gold pieces.
- Prices range from $30 to $400.
- The brand doesn't typically offer any promotions, but you can check here to see if they're currently offering any.
Noémie designs handcrafted jewelry that endures. By getting rid of the middlemen, they are able to promise you timeless pieces at reasonable prices. The jewelry is made from reclaimed 18-karat gold, conflict-free stones, and solar-grown diamonds (what?!). Like the other retailers, they also remove useless markups from their pricing. If you're interested in viewing products before you buy them, they have three retail locations in New York, Los Angeles, and Aspen.
- Noémie sells rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
- The brand only sells solid gold pieces, conflict-free stones, and solar-grown diamonds.
- Prices range from $190 to $6,070.
- The brand offers a few promotions and you can learn more about them here.
The Bottom Line
These brands make quality pieces that will last you a lifetime, which will end up saving you money, time, and your carbon footprint. That's right, buying life-long pieces can positively affect your environmental impact. Interested in learning more about sustainable fashion? Check out these retailers making clothes from recycled materials.